Springhurst Animal Hospital is aware of the vast amount of information available on the internet. Our team has taken the time and evaluated the following sites. We trust the information the listed websites provide to you, our client, and member of our family.
- American Association of Feline Practitioners
- The American Association of Feline Practitioners improves the health and welfare of cats by supporting high standards of practice, continuing education, and scientific investigation for veterinarians. Another great source of information for pet owners.
- American Heartworm Society
- Everything you ever wanted to know about heartworm disease.
- American Kennel Club
- Offers information on dog breeds, competition events, club search for training and services, dog ownership and registration.
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- The American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) is one of the largest and oldest not-for-profit associations for veterinarians in the world. This site has a wealth of information for pet owners.
- Animal Care Society
- The Animal Care Society's prime purpose is to find new, caring homes for pets whose owners can no longer give them the love or care they need.
- Association for Pet Loss and Bereavement
- We have all experienced the pain of losing a pet. The Association of Pet Loss and Bereavement has set up this site for support during this most difficult time. You will find inspirational stories, grief counseling resources, hotline number and many other resources.
- Association of American Veterinary Medical Colleges (AAVMC)
- This is a great link to all of the websites of veterinary schools in the United States.
- The Cat Fanciers' Association (CFA)
- You'll find information on cat shows, cat breeds and cat care, and a showcase of top winning cats.
- Provides on-line medical records for pet owners enrolled through Springhurst Animal Hospital, breed information and pet health videos.
- The Ferret Haven
- The Ferret Haven specializes in the long-term care of ferrets who are often overlooked by potential adopters, those who are older or have medical conditions.
- My Smart Puppy
- My Smart Puppy, founded by master trainer and author Sarah Wilson, M.A., is a community that celebrates and supports the bond you share with your dog.
- National Animal Poison Control Center
- The ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center has been the premier animal poison control center in North America. The center, an allied agency of the University of Illinois, is the only facility of its kind staffed by 25 veterinarians including 6 board-certified veterinary toxicologists and 10 certified veterinary technicians. Located in Urbana, Illinois, the specially trained staff provides assistance to pet owners and specific analysis and treatment recommendations to veterinarians pertaining to toxic chemicals and dangerous plants, products or substances 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
- APHIS works in a variety of ways to protect and improve the health, quality, and marketability of our nation's animals (including various wildlife), animal products, and veterinary biologics.
- Why didn't you name your pet Spot? Share a picture and the reason for your pet's name.
American Animal Hospital Association
American Board of Veterinary Practitioners
American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Center for Veterinary Medicine- U.S. Food and Drug Administration